7th CPC Casualty Pensionary Awards for Defence Forces pensioners
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi-110011, Dated, 29th January, 2019
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject – Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Provisions regulating Casualty Pensionary Awards for Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners – regarding.
I am directed to refer to the provisions for revision of various kinds of pensionary awards notified in implementation of the Government decision on recommendations of Seventh CPC vide this Ministry’s letters No 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th Oct, 2016 amended vide this Ministry’s letter No 17(01)/2017/(01)/D (Pension/Policy) dated 4th Sept, 2017 read with letter No 17(01)/2017/(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 5th Sept, 2017 for pre-1.1.2016 Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners and vide letter No 17(02)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 4th Sept, 2017 for post-1.1.2016 Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners.
2. In partial modification of above said orders, it has now been decided that following minimum ceiling shall be applied to the under-mentioned casualty pensionary awards:
2.1 The Disability/Liberalized Disability/ War Injury pension (i.e. total of service element plus disability/ liberalized disability/ war injury. element as the case may be), shall be subject to minimum of Rs 18,000/-per month irrespective of degree of disability of the personnel.
2.2 In cases of disability pension where permanent disability is not less than 60%, the disability pension (i.e. total of service element plus disability element) shall not be less than 60% of the reckonable emoluments as defined in above mentioned orders, subject to a minimum of Rs 18,000/- per month.
2.3 The amount of special family pension, admissible to the families of Armed Forces Personnel, shall be subject to a minimum of Rs.18,000/- per month.
2.4 The amount of liberalized family pension, admissible to the Child/Children of Armed Forces Personnel, shall be subject to a minimum of Rs.18,000/- per month.
3. All other provisions stipulated in above mentioned Government orders which are not affected by the provisions of this letter, shall remain unchanged.
4. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 1.1.2016
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No.10(16)2018/Fin/Pen dated 26.12.2018
6. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India