TN G.O – DA from Jan 2018 for Pre-2006 pay scales and Pre-2016 pay scale
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.125, Dated 11th April 2018.
(Heyvilambi, Panguni-28, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2049)
ALLOWANCES – Rate of Dearness Allowance applicable with effect from 1-1-2018 in respect of employees continuing to draw their pay in the Pre-2006 pay scales and Pre-2016 pay scale/Grade Pay – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.299, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 10-10-2017.
2. G.O.Ms.No.300, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 10-10-2017.
3. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi Office Memorandum No.1/1/2018-E-II(B), dated 28-03-2018.
4. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi Office Memorandum No.1/1/2018-E-II(B), dated 28-03-2018.
In the Government Order first and second read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees drawing pay in the Pre-revised pay scales as detailed below:-
2. The Government of India in its Office Memorandum third and fourth read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance to its employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scales as per Fifth Central Pay Commission from 268% to 274% with effect from 1st January 2018 and in the pre-revised pay scale/Grade Pay as per Sixth Central Pay Commission from 139% to 142% with effect from 1st January 2018.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government now sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees drawing pay in the Pre-revised pay scales as detailed below:-
4. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash with effect from 1-1-2018.
Also Read : DA for TN Government Employees from Jan 2018
5. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January, February and March 2018 shall be drawn and disbursed immediately by existing cashless mode of Electronic Clearance System (ECS). While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order will also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Education Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Secretaries/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
8. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
9. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorisation from the Principal Accountant General
(A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT