Tamilnadu GPF Interest Rate from July 2018
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.252 G.O.Ms.No.252, Dated 26th July 2018.
(Vilambi, Aadi-10, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2049)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2018-2019 – With effect from 1.07.2018 to 30.09.2018 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.135, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 23.04.2018.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2018, dated 17.07.2018
In the Government Order read above, orders were issued fixing interest for the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 7.6% for the period from 1st April, 2018 to 30th June, 2018.
2. The Government of India, in its resolution second read above, announced that during the year 2018-2019 accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall
carry interest at the rate of 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) with effect from 1st July, 2018 to 30th September, 2018.
3. The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) with effect from 1st July, 2018 to 30th September, 2018. This rate will be in force with effect from 1st July, 2018.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulations remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT