Tamilnadu | Extension of Scheme to Family Pensioners
FINANCE (PENSION) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.84, Dated 17th March, 010
(Panguni – 3 , T iruvalluvar Aandu 2041)
Pension – Tamil Nadu Government Pensioners’ Health Fund Scheme 1995 – Extension of Scheme to Family Pensioners – Time limit for option – Extension of time limit – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.475, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 30.09.09
2. Representation received from the Tamil Nadu Retired Officials Association, dated NIL
Government in their order first read above has extended the Tamil Nadu Government Pensioners’ Health Fund Scheme 1995 to all Family Pensioners including Teacher Family Pensioners with effect from 1st September 2009. In para 3 (iii) of the Government Order read above, it is stipulated that Family Pensioners who are willing to enroll under the Scheme shall exercise their option to the Pension Pay Officer/Treasury Officer/Sub-Treasury Officer/Manager of Public Sector Banks within 3 months from the date of issue of the orders (i.e) before 31.12.2009 to deduct a sum of Rs. 75/- from their family pension towards contribution to Tamil Nadu Government Pensioners’ Health Fund Scheme. Further in para 3 (V) of the Government Order read above, it has been stated that if no such option is received from the existing Family Pensioners on or before the completion of three months from the date of issue of the orders, it shall be construed that they are not willing to enroll themselves under the Tamil Nadu Government Pensioners’ Health Fund Scheme.
2. Various Pensioners Associations have represented to the Government that the three months period upto 31.12.2009 was not adequate since wide publicity was not given among the Family Pensioners regarding the above orders and hence they could not exercise their option before 31.12.2009 and requested to extend the time limit for exercising their option for a further period of 3 months.
3. The Government, after careful consideration, has decided to accept the request of the Associations. Accordingly Government direct that the time limit for exercising option by the Family Pensioners to enroll themselves under the Tamil Nadu Government Pensioners’ Health Fund Scheme 1995 be extended upto 30.06.2010.
4. Pension Pay Officer / District Treasury Officers / Sub Treasury Officers and Branch Managers of all Public Sector Banks are requested to display this order in the Notice Board of their office and ensure that this order reaches all Family Pensioners drawing Family Pension through their office.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
Principal Secretary to Government.