In view of the complaints received in recent past regarding alleged irregularities in Tatkal scheme, Ministry of Railways has decided to re-introduce the need for carrying Identity Proof in original during the course of journey. This provision will come into effect from 11th February 2011.
Any one of the passenger/passengers who will be travelling on Tatkal ticket will be required to produce one of the following eight Identity Proofs in original during the course of journey.
1. Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India
3. PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
4. Driving Licence issued by RTO
5. Photo Identity Card issued by Central/State Government
6. Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students
7. Nationalised Bank Passbook with photograph and
8. Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
However, no Identity proof is required to be produced at the reservation counter while getting the Tatkal ticket booked.
Any one of the passenger/passengers will be required to produce Identity proof in original for checking by ticket checking staff during the course of journey, failing which, all the passenger/passengers travelling on the said ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and will be charged excess fare and penalty as per rules.
Source : PIB