Latest Update :
- Tamilnadu Government released Letter No.19864/Finance (Pension)/2020, Dated 09.07.2020 : TN Govt Pensioners Life Certificate : Exempted from the personal appearance and furnishing of Life Certificate in 2020 – Check the G.O here
- Tamilnadu Government released G.O.Ms.No.288, Dated 29th June 2020 for Exemption from Submitting Life Certificate, Non-employment Certificate and Non-remarriage/Non-marriage Certificate by the Pensioners / Family Pensioner – Check the G.O. here : TN Govt Pensioners get exemption from submitting Life Certificate
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.215, Dated 26th March 2020.
(Vihari, Panguni-13, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2051)
PENSION/FAMILY PENSION – Furnishing of Life Certificate, Non-employment Certificate and Non-remarriage / Non-marriage Certificate by the Pensioners / Family Pensioners – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.212, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 24-05-2001.
2. G.O.Ms.No.103, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 31-03-2015.
3. From the Tamil Nadu Retired Officials’ Association, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai-6, representation, dated 23-01-2020.
4. From the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai-35 D.O.Rc.No.10073/E2/2020, dated 20-03-2020.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued that State Government Pensioner including Family Pensioners shall furnish Life Certificate, Non-Employment Certificate and Non-remarriage / Non-marriage Certificate at any time during the months of April, May and June every year to the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned after duly getting it attested by the authority mentioned in the said Government Order. If the Pensioners / Family Pensioners do not furnish/produce the said Certificates on or before 30th June, the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned shall call for annual mustering of the Pensioners / Family Pensioners during the month of July every year. If the Pensioners / Family Pensioners neither produce said certificates nor appear for annual mustering, the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned shall stop the payment of pension / family pension with effect from the month of August and the payment of pension / family pension will resume only on production of the said certificates or the Pensioner / Family Pensioner shall appear in person before the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned. In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued that Pensioners including Family Pensioners shall furnish additional information along with Life Certificate.
2. In the reference third read above, the Tamil Nadu Retired Officials’ Association, Chennai and in the reference fourth read above, the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts has requested the Government to change time period for mustering to avoid the spreading of Corona virus in the present scenario and also to avoid peak summer season.
3. After careful consideration, the Government in partial modification of the orders issued in the Government Orders first and second read above, direct that the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners be allowed to give their Life Certificate at any time during the months of July, August and September every year for annual mustering instead of April, May and June to the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned. If any pensioner including family pensioner fails to do so, the Pension Disbursing Authority shall call for the personal appearance in October and pension / family pension will be stopped from November onwards for those pensioners including family pensioners who neither appear directly for mustering nor furnish life certificate.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT