No.11011/54/2014- Trg (LTDP)
Government of India
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Delhi, dated 27.10.2014
1. The Chief Secretaries of all the State Governments/ Administrators of UTs.
2. The Secretaries of all the Ministries/Departments
Subject: Launching of a new long term domestic training programme ‘Management of Public Policy Programme’ (MPPP) offered by Indian School of Business (lSB), Hyderabad in participation with Deptt. of Personnel and Training.
The National Training Policy stipulates a strategic human resource management system treating each individual as a vital resource to be valued, motivated, developed and enabled for developing competencies for the jobs to be performed, as also to bridge the competency gap for current and future roles through training. The Long Term Domestic Training Programmes being sponsored by DoPT, are oriented towards filling the competency gaps that exist in government departments at various levels of the government, especially in Public Policy & Public Management.
2. In fulfillment of the above mandate, this department has recently approved a proposal by Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad for launching a Long Term Domestic Training Programme, titled ‘Management of Public Policy Programme (MPPP)” tentatively proposed to be launched in April, 2015. The course is designed for officers belonging to All India Services (Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Forest Service), and Central Civil Services (Group’ A’), faculty members of State Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs) and Central Training Institutes (CTls) and also Officers of the State Civil Services (Group ‘A’). Brief details about the programme are given as under:
(i) Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad:
Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad was established with a vision to be a research driven and independent management institution that grooms future leaders. Over· the years, ISB, Hyderabad has strengthened its global position and is ranked as one of the Financial Times Top Global MBA programmes. Some of the international institutions associated with ISB, Hyderabad are London Business School, MIT Sloan School of Management, the Fletcher School at Tufts University and Wharton, University of Pennsylvania. ISB, Hyderabad has also received international accreditation ofthe Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
(ii) MPPP: LTDP Hybrid Model:
Unlike the existing Long Term Domestic Programmes of this department, which have full time components of institutional attachment, as well as international exposure embedded in them, the MPPP has been conceptualized as an officer friendly domestic training programme on public policy without any international component. The course is proposed to be delivered through a hybrid model with short term residencies coupled with online and internet mediated training. The advantage being that unlike other long term programmes, this programme is structured with minimal relocation of officers from their work places, thereby allowing them to continue with their current assignment/posting during the duration of the course. This takes away the difficulties in doing a long term programme, like, relocation, disturbance 0 families, difficulty of organizations and governments in sparing officers for a full one year, especially when the selected officers are holding important positions and organizations are facing shortage of officers. The programme uses latest communication technology to bridge the distance and reduce the need for face to face classroom-based course delivery.
(iii) Course Structure:
The programme has been conceived as a hybrid programme with domestic residencies involving intensive classroom sessions, distance and e-learning module, online preparatory and follow-up sessions. The course consists of Term-I, Term-2 and Term-3 of 17 weeks each, with each term having only 2 residencies of 5 days each.
(iv) Course Fee:
The nomination, sponsorship and funding of interested officers shall be done by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities/State Governments/Sponsoring Department! Authorities. The course fee for the programme shall be Rs. 12,60,000/- + Service Tax per participant, which shall be payable by the Cadre Controlling Authorities /State Governments/Sponsoring Departments/Authorities of the selected officers.
3. The entire period of absence from duty on account of residencies/travel shall be treated as on duty under FR and the pay & allowances as well as cost of travel to and fro from the place of posting to the place of six domestic residencies shall be payable by the office to which the officer is posted during the currency of the training. A one-time grant of Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only) towards books/stationery shall also be paid to the selected officer by the same office, to which the officer is posted during the currency of the training.
4. The Training Division, DoPT, shall play the role of a coordinating agency and act as a facilitator between ISB, Hyderabad and the Cadre Controlling Authorities/State Governments for the purpose of this programme. All the Ministries/Departments/Cadre Controlling Authorities/State Governments/UT Administration, etc. are, therefore, requested to give wide publicity to this programme and get the circular uploaded on their respective websites for better dissemination. The circular seeking nomination of officers for this programme shall be issued by this department separately within a short period.
(Aditya Kumar JoShi)
Original Copy : Click here