Grant of TTA / Joining Time to officials / officers on appointment in EPFO
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT,
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi 110066
Dated: 18 JUN 29
All Additional CPFCs (Zones) Director (PDNASS),
All Regional Provident Fund Commissioners
– Incharge Regional Offices/ ZTIs/ RPFC(ASD). Head Office
Sub.: Grant of TTA/Joining Time to officials / officers on appointment in EPFO – reg.
The Head Office has been receiving representations from the Direct Recruit Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners who were employed in other Central Government Department and had applied through proper channel for appointment in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, for granting them TTA/Joining Time on their appointment in this Organisation.
2. As per provision of SR 114 Travelling allowance is admissible to a Govt. Servant on transfer from one station to another, if he is transferred in public interest and entitled to joining time pay during the period of journey. As per Government of India decision (1) appended below a provision SR 114, it has been further clarified that:
(i) T.A to officials getting appointed under central Government through examination/interview — It has been decided that joining time and joining time pay should be granted as follows to Government servants appointed to posts under the Central Government on the results of a competitive examination which is open to both Government servants and others-:
(a) Joining time should ordinarily be permitted for all Government servants serving under the Central Government and for Provincial Government servants who hold permanent posts in a substantive capacity and that,
(b) no joining time pay should be granted except.-
(i) When the Government servant holds a permanent post under Government (including a provincial Government) in a substantive capacity, or .
(ii) In the case of appointments through the Home Department to the ministerial establishment of the Government of India Secretariat and attached or subordinate offices when a candidate originally nominated to a vacancy likely to become permanent is re-nominated to another such vacancy owing to the cessation of the former.
(c) Traveling allowance under SR 114, should also be granted in cases where Joining time pay is granted under Clause (b) above. This also applies to a Government servant selected after an interview for appointment to a post under central Government.
3. By implication of Government of India decision (i) under SR 114, a permanent Government Servant who has been permitted Joining Time as well as Joining Time pay, to be allowed Travelling Allowance under SR 114 on the results of the Competitive Examination which is open to both Government Servants and Others and even in case of Government Servant selected after an interview for appointment to the post of Central
4, However, admissibility of Composite Transfer Grant. is governed by the provisions of SR 116(a). As per the entitlement w.e.f. 01.10.1997, it is payable equal to (a) one month’s Basic pay, (b) Actual fare for self and family for journey by rail/steamer/air, (c) Road mileage for journey by road between places and connected by rail, (d) Cost of transportation of personal effects from residence to residence, (e) Cost of transportation of conveyance possessed by the employee.
5. EPFO being an autonomous body, FR and SR have been adopted by the Central Board and there is a parity in terms of the Rules. The GID no. (i) below SR 114 applies to the cases of permanent Govt. servant who have been appointed through Competitive examinations in other Government Department. However by analogy a Government Servant who is entitled to transfer allowance under SR 114 would be entitled under SR 116 as a natural corollary and hence the same may be considered to be allowed in such cases.
6. In view of the above. all such representations for grant of TTA/ Joining Time may be examined in the light of SR-114. SR-116 and DOPT OM No. 28020/1/2010-Fstt.(C) dated 08.04.2016. It is reiterated that the benefit of TTA/ Joining Time on appointment is admissible only in cases where the officer was earlier employed as Permanent Central /State Government servant and had applied for the post in the new Department through proper channel.
(This issues with the approval of Competent Authority).
Enclosures: as above.
Regional Provident Fund Commissioner-I(HRM)