Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market New Delhi
Dated: the 25th May, 2012
Subject: Fixation of enhanced family pension – pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners – clarification regarding.
The orders of the Government on implementation of the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission were issued by this Department in September, 2008. The family pension in respect of pre-2006 pensioners/ family pensioners was consolidated w.e.f. 01.01.06 as provided for in this Department’s O.M. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A), dated 01.9.08 and clarified vide O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A).Pt.I, dated 03.10.08 and 14.10.08.
2. The fixation of family pension at ordinary rates is subject to the provision that the revised family pension in no case shall be lower than 30% of the minimum of the Pay in the pay band plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired. In case of HAG and above scales it is 30% of the minimum of the revised pay scale. In the cases of such employees who retired/died on or before 31.12.2005, the family pension at enhanced rates was also required to be revised.
3. It is clarified that the revised enhanced family pension, under sub-rule 3(a) of Rule 54 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, during the applicable period, shall also be determined as per para 4.1 of O.M. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A), dated 01.9.08. Further, it shall not be less than 50% of the sum of minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay or 50% of minimum of pay scales in case of HAG and above, corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale in which the pensioner/deceased employee had last worked.
4. In cases where the pension authorized on retirement was less than 50% of the last pay drawn and amount of pension revised after 1.1.2006 is also less than 50% of the sum of minimum of the pay in the pay band plus grade pay or 50% of minimum of revised pay scales in case of HAG and above, the revised enhanced family pension may be less than 50% and shall be restricted to that amount.
5. In the case of a pensioner who died prior to 01.01.2006, the notional revised pension as on 01.01.2006 shall be taken into account for the purpose of calculation as above. In all cases, the amount of revised enhanced family pension shall not be less than 30% of the sum of minimum of the pay in the pay band plus the grade pay or 30% of minimum of pay scales in case of HAG and above.
6. As regards pensioners/family pensioners belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Departments, these Orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their U.O. No.253/E.V/2012, dated 26.4.2012.
8.Hindi version will follow.