Enhancement/sanction of ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance to Burma Army Pensioners/Family Pensioners and Pensioners/Families of displaced Army Pensioners from Pakistan who are Indian National but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi 9th April, 2018
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Sub: Enhancement/sanction of ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance to Burma Army Pensioners/Family Pensioners and Pensioners/Families of displaced Army Pensioners from Pakistan who are Indian National but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No.B/38174/AG/PS-4(b)/720/A/D(Pen/Sers)/98 dated 13.10.1998 as amended vide letter No. B/38174/AG/PS-4(b)/266/A/D(Pen/Sers)/2003 dated 12.3.2003, No B/38174/PS-5/D(Pen/Pol) dated 3.9.2009 and No B/38174/PS-5/D(Pen/Pol) dated 9.9.2009 regarding enhancement of Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance to Rs. 3,500/- per month with effect from 1.1.2006 in respect of Burma/Pakistan Army Pensioners/Family Pensioners as well as Burma Army Pensioners of Nepalese origin drawing pension in India as well as in Nepal.
2. In implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, the minimum pension/family pension to Armed Forces pensioners/ family pensioners has been revised to Rs. 9,000/- per month with effect from 1.1.2016 under this Ministry’s letter No. 17(2)/2016/D(Pen/ Policy) dated 4.9.2017. The President is pleased to sanction enhancement, on compassionate grounds, Ex-gratia Ad-hoc allowance to the following category of pensioners/ family pensioners from Rs. 3,500/- per month to Rs. 9,000/- per month with effect from 1.1.2016.
(a) Armed Forces pensioners/ family pensioners migrated from Pakistan.
(b) Burma Army pensioners/ family pensioners who are Indian nationals and drawing their pension in India.
(c) Burma Army pensioners of Nepalese origin who are drawing pension in India and Indian Embassy, Pension Paying Offices in Nepal.
3. The Ex-gratia adhoc allowance in each case will be so fixed as to increase the existing Ex-gratia adhoc allowance and any relief sanctioned by the Government of India/ Burma/ Pakistan to Rs. 9,000/- per month as on 1.1.2016.
4. The Burma / Pakistan Army pensioners/ family pensioners getting enhancement of Ex-gratia Allowance under these orders will also be entitled to dearness relief on the enhanced Ex-gratia adhoc allowance at the new rates with effect from 1.1.2016 admissible to and notified for Armed Forces pensioners from time to time.
5.The Payment of Dearness Relief under these orders from the dates indicated above shall be made after adjusting the instalments of enhanced Dearness Relief already sanctioned and paid to these categories of pensioners. Payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
6. The extra liability on account of grant/revision of Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance will be borne by the Government of India and the expenditure will be debitable to the following head of account.
|Account Code No.||Description|
|“2235 Social Security and welfare, 60 Other Social Security and welfare Programmes, 102 Pension under Social Security Schemes.”||Ex-Gratia Ad-hoc Allowance to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners migrated from Pakistan and Burma Army pensioners/family pensioners of Indian origin.|
|“Major Head 2071 Pensions and other Retirement Benefits, 02 Defence-101 Army.”||Ex-Gratia Ad-hoc Allowance to Burma Army pensioners/family pensioners of Nepalese Origin drawing pension in India or from Indian Embassy, Pension Paying Offices, Nepal.|
7. The pre-revised Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance (including DR etc.) already drawn by the above pensioners from 1.1.2016 onwards shall be adjusted shall be adjusted from the enhanced Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance which shall become payable with effect from 1.1.2016 under these orders.
8. Policy and procedure regarding payment of Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance shall continue to be governed by the existing instructions issued in the matter so far.
9. It may be ensured that the payment to pensioners/family pensioners indicated in para 2 above, is made into the Aadhaar Linked Bank Accounts.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Defence(Fin) vide their ID No.10(01)/2018/Fin/Pen dated 28-02-2018.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India