DA hike for Karnataka Government Employees from July 2018
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub :- Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance – reg.
READ: (1) G.O. No. FD 06 SRP 2018 dated: 19.04.2018
(2) G.O. No. FD 12 SRP 2018 dated: 18.06.2018
(3) G.O. No. FD 14 SRP 2018 dated: 10.07.2018
(4) Representation dated: 10.09.2018 of the President, Karnataka State Government Employees’ Association.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. FD 21 SRP 2018,
BANGALORE, DATED 12TH OCTOBER 2018.
Government are pleased to enhance the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government Employees in the 2018 Revised Pay Scales from the existing 1.75% to 3.75% of Basic Pay with effect from 1st July 2018.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government Employees, Employees of Zilla Panchayats, Work Charged Employees on regular time scales of pay, full time Employees of Aided Educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of this order, the term ‘Basic Pay’ means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay;
b. Personal Pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 read with Rule 3(c) of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2018
c. Additional increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
4. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to enhance the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 1.75% to 3.75% of the Basic Pension / Family Pension with effect from 1st July 2018 to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as well as Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the Aided Educational Institutions whose Pension/Family Pension is paid out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
6. These orders are also applicable to retired teachers who were on 2006 revised UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and who retired prior to 01.01.2016.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of pensioners who were on 2006 revised UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and retired on or after 01.01.2016.
8. Separate orders will be issued in respect of Employees on 2006 revised UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC scales of pay and also in respect of NJPC Pensioners.
9. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash
10. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored
11. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA’
Deputy Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)