Condiment expenditure – Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt – 110010
All Regional PCsDA/CsDA
Sub: Condiment expenditure – Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations.
In continuation to this HQrs office circular No. AT/I/3510/7th CPC/II dated 15/03/2018, please find enclosed a copy of Government of India MoD letter No. 21704/Q/ST-6(Condiments)/1711/D(QS)/2018 dated 09/10/2018 for information and necessary action.
2. In this connection, it is stated that the units/formations/Ests/HQs would claim Condiment Expenditure in lieu of ‘Condiment Allowance’ hither-to-fore under Stores Budget, MH 110 A for Regular Army, DSC and TA MH 112 for RR and Major Head 2055 for JAK LI.
3. Payment will be released to Public Fund of the concerned Unit in advance on half yearly basis by concerned PCDAs/CDAs based on feeding strength. For this purpose unit will submit a Contingent Bill to the concerned PCDA/CDA. Paying authority will credit the amount into Public Fund account of the unit through Cheque or CMP under intimation to the concerned unit. Unit will render statement of expenditure on quarterly basis to the concerned PCDAs/CDAs. Balance amount at the end of the financial year, if any will be deposited through MRO.
4. In order to incur the Condiment Expenditure at field level, sanction is also conveyed for the following delegation:-
Inclusion of Note below 16.1 of DFPDS-2016 in respect of Army.
“The above powers would be utilized by all CFAs including equivalent CFAs of RR, JAK LI, MF, DSC and TA for ‘Condiment Expenditure’ as per existing powers mentioned in Schedule 16, for procurement of condiments”.
5. The above GSL supercedes all previous Govt. letter on claiming ‘Condiment Allowance or provision/procuring (methodology of procurement) of condiment for all ranks in Indian Army.
6. This issues with the approval of Sr. Jt. CGDA (IFA).
Sr. Accounts Officer (AT-IX)