Complimentary Card passes to freedom fighters and their widows validity in Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralya)
New Delhi, Dated: 28/06/2010
The Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
Director/PRS/CRIS, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
(Commercial Circular No. 31 of 2010)
Sub: Complimentary Card passes to freedom fighters and their widows validity in Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
Please find enclosed a copy of instructions issued by Establishment Directorate vide letter No. E(W)2007PS-5-3/1O dated 16.06.2010 on the subject quoted above wherein it has been inter-alia advised that 1st Class/2nd AC Complimentary Card Passes issued to freedom fighters/their widows shall be valid for travel in 3rd AC ofRajdhani Express trains and Chair Car (CC) of Shatabdi/Jan-Shatabdi Express trains along with a companion in same class, in addition to the
2. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned.
3. CRIS will make necessary modification in the software and advise the date of effect to all Zonal Railways as well as this office.
DA: As above
Dy. Director Traffic Commercial (G)-II
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, Dated 16.06.2010
The General Manager(P),
All Indian Railways.
Sub: Complimentary Card passes to freedom fighters and their widows -validity in Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
In terms of Railway Board’s letter No.E(W)89PS5-6/13 Vol.I dated 31/8/1989 freedom fighters/their widows receiving pension from Central revenues under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme of Ministry of Home Affairs, are issued
Complimentary Card passes on life time basis for.free rail travel on All Indian Railways (except Metro Railway/Kolkata) in 1st Class/2nd AC along with a companion in same class by any train other than Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains.
2. The issue of permitting freedom fighter to travel in Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains on the Complimentary Card passes provided to them was under consideration of Ministry of Raihvays in consultation with Ministry of Home Affairs. It has now been decided that Ist Class/2nd AC Complimentary card Passes issued to freedom fighters/their widows shall be valid for travel in 3rd AC of Rajdhani trains and Chair Car (CC) of Shatabdi/Jan-Shatabdi express trains along with a companion in same class, in addition to the existing facility. Accordingly, to implement the decision, following may be stamped on the Complimentary Card passes issued to freedom fighters/their widows
“Valid for travel in 3rdAC in Rajdhani trains and Chair Car (CC) in Shatabdi/Jan-Shatabdi trains along with a companion in same class.
Signatures of the issuing authority.”
3. Other conditions as contained in Board’s letter dated 31/8/89 shall remain same.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt
Joint Director Estt. (Welfare)
Subscribe hereto get all the Government Orders, 7th Pay Commission Latest News in your email. Dont forget to Click activate button from your inbox