HomeHRAClarification on the admissibility of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government Employees posted at Greater Noida

Clarification on the admissibility of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government Employees posted at Greater Noida

- Advertisement -

Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure

New Delhi, 6th August, 2012


Subject:- Clarification on the admissibility of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government Employees posted at Greater Noida – regarding.

It has been observed that payment of HRA @ 30% of Basic Pay is being made by certain Ministries / Departments to the Central GOvernment employees posted at Greater Noida, in violation of the instructions issued by the Ministry in this rgard from time to time.

2. It is, therefore clarified that Greater Noida was an ‘Unclassified’ town/place for the purpose of grant of HRA prior to 01.09.2008 and consequent upon the implementation of the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission, it has been classfied as ‘Z’ class town/place w.e.f. 01.09.2008 vide this Ministry’s O.M. No. 2(13)/2008-EII(B) dated 29.08.2008 on grant of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government employees and classficiation of cities/towns for the purpose

- Advertisement -

3. Financial Advisers of All Ministries/Departments are, therefore requestd to ensue the implementation of the oforesaid O.M. in letter & spirit.

4. Hindi version is also attached

(Anil Sharma)
Under Secretary to the Government of India

Original Order


- Advertisement -


  1. I have been transferred from Patna to arunachal pradesh (NE). consequent upon my transfer, I shifted my family to my native place to hyderabad. Am I eligible for double HRA as my family is residing in a rented house at hyderabad

    please respond

  2. i am posted in agartala accompanying my mother (part of family) and got full transportation charges of personal effect but keeping left my rest of family ( spouse & children) for education purpose . can i get double hra to compensate cost for staying my family at last place of posting

  3. Sir, Couple are Central Govt employee and service in same location and staying Govt quarters . Whether CILQ or HRA admissible or not. Please confirm .

  4. I am working with Airports Authority of India under Min of Civil Aviation. I was transferred to Kolkata in 2014 from my home town (Delhi). I brought my wife to Kolkata leaving behind my son at Delh (my own home)i who was studying there. Then I was transferred to Shillong from Kolkata in 2015. Again I brought my wife to Shillong and my son still continues to remain in Delhi for study (wholly dependent on me). am I eligible for Double HRA as per policy for North East region.

  5. Sir, I am a central Govt. employee having all India liabilities . My initial appointment is in Assam. My home address as per record is also in Assam . By virtue of all India liabilities I have have been posted to Kolkata on Aug 2005. On July 2016 I have again been posted to Assam i..e. NE region keeping my families at old duty station at Kolkata for study purpose. I want to know whether I am entitled the benefit of Double HRA i.e. HRA for old duty station as well as for new duty station.

  6. Sir, I have been transferred to shillong from Kolkata effective from 1.9.2016 . I will reside shillong with my wife while my son, a student will be staying at kolkata.I want to know whether double HRA as per CPC 24% in kolkata and 16% in shillong is available when govt will announce the effective date of allowances in October or November,2016.Pl. clear my doubt.
    Dipak Sarar, a class -I govt. officer

  7. Why there is no further increase in HRA being drawn in North-East Region by a central Govt Employee posted out from outside the North East Region. Is he/she not entitle for further increase in HRA amount as per increasing Basic Pay if so pleas.. Please mention the act and rule, regulation. Thanks

  8. I was posted in SPG on deputation basis and enjoying SPG pool accommodation at Dwarka, New Delhi. On repatriation I have been posted to NE region by my parent organisation. SPG has allowed me the accommodation to be retained for only six months. I would like to know whether I will be admissible to draw HRA for my family who will stay at New Delhi on rent after elapse of six months of permissible period of SPG accommodation.

  9. The Greater Noida is included in Z category for HRA when all the Ghaziabad Distt is included in X category. As per list of cities published by Govt. of India, Ghaziabad & Faridabad is in Y category but for HRA purpose it is treated X. The notification should be ammended and whole the Gautam Buddh Nagar Distt. should be included in X category for HRA as in the case of other distt. of NCR.

  10. i have been posted in north east guwahati and agian posted sikkim shall entitlede for double HOUSE RENT IFYES THEN WIHICH RATE AS I HAVE POSTED FROM DELHI IN 2008 TO GANGTIOK SIKKIM PEASE C;EARUFU

  11. Sir,
    I am a Central govt person & my duty place is at Greater Noida, As per Ministry of finance OM No.2(8)/2012-E-II(B) dtd 06,Aug-2012, all central govt. departments directed to implement the MoF OM no.2(13)/2008-E-II(B) dtd 29-08-2008.

    As per para-6(vi)(i) of abovementioned order Faridadab, Ghaziabad, Noida & Gurgaon are classified as ‘X’ class city for HRA. but name of only Noida has not mentioned in Annexure of this order, which is contradictory.

    You are therefore, requested to clarify the matter on priority please.

  12. Sir,
    I am a Central Government Officer. I have been Transfered from Lucknow to Shillong. My Family will be staying in my old station i.e. Lucknow. At Lucknow I and My family were residing in my father’s house. My father is now no more.

    I request you to tell me whether i will be entitled for Double HRA at Shillong or not.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here