7th CPC Hard Area Allowance to Railway employees posted in the Nicobar Group of Islands and Islands of Union Territory of Lakshadweep other than Kavarattl & Agatti
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
RBE No 95/2017
New Delhi, dated 16.08.2017
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub : Implementation on the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission regarding grant of Hard Area Allowance to Railway employees posted in the Nicobar Group of Islands and Islands of Union Territory of Lakshadweep other than Kavarattl & Agatti,
Consequent upon the acceptance of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission by the Government, the President, in supersesslon of all existing orders issued on the subject, Is pleased to decided that Railway employees posted In Nicobar Group of Islands and Minicoy, Kiltan, Andrott, Kalpeni, Chetlat, Kadmat, Amini and Bithra Islands of Lakshadweep shall be paid Hard Area Allowance at the following rates:
|Place where posted||Rate per month|
|(I) Nicobar Group of Islands and Minicoy in Lakshadweep Islands||20% of Basic Pay|
|(ii)Lakshadweep Group of Islands (Kiltan, Andrott, Kalpeni, Chetlat, Kadmat, Amini and Bithra Islands)||12% of Basic Pay|
2. The term `Basic Pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn In the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay etc.
3. In places where more than one Special Compensatory Allowances are admissible, the Railway employees posted in such stations will have the option to choose the allowance which benefits them the most, i.e. Hard Area Allowance or one of the Special Compensatory Allowances subsumed under Tough Location Allowance Category-I, II and III.
4. The Hard Area Allowance shall be admissible in addition to the island Special Duty Allowance, where admissible.
5. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017
6. Hindi version will follow.
Please acknowledge receipt
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)