GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (PENSION) DEPARTMENT
G.O. No.403, Dated: 10th October 2013
(Vijaya, Purattasi-24, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2044)
PENSION – Dearness Allowance to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Revised rate admissible from 1st July, 2013 – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.147, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 03.05.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.401, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated:10.10.2013.
3. Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, Office Memorandum F. No.42/13/2012, dated:03.10.2013.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government pensioners / family pensioners as detailed below:-
Date from which
Revised rate of Dearness
Allowance (per month)
With effect from
1st January, 2013
80% of Pension / Family
2. The Government of India, in its Office Memorandum third read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to its pensioners / family pensioners from 80% to 90% with effect from 1st July, 2013.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government has now decided to sanction one additional installment of Dearness Allowance at 10% to the Pensioners / Family Pensioners of the State with effect from 1.7.2013. Accordingly, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as indicated below:-
Date from which
Revised rate of Dearness Allowance
1st July 2013
90% of Pension / Family Pension
4. The Government also direct that the increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash to the Pensioners / Family Pensioners with effect from 1.7.2013.
5. While arriving at the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
6. Pending formal authorisation by the Accountant General, the revised Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai-6, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
7. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
i) Government pensioners, Teacher pensioners of aided and local body educational institutions and other pensioners of local bodies.
ii) The State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous body / Local body / Co-operative institution and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount.
iii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately.
iv) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli District.
v) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extra-ordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance.
8. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the Pensioners shall be debited to:
” 2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 101 AC 0306)”
The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the Family Pensioners shall be debited to
” 2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pensions – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 105 AC 0308) “.
9. Orders regarding sanction of Dearness Allowance to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non Pensionable Establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Board who are drawing ex-gratia will be issued separately.
10. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganization Act, 1956.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Original Order :