Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Personnel Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated: the 10th of September 2014
Subject:- One Year Masters Degree Course in School of Government (Public Administration/Public Policy in the Central Government) under Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) at the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, (GRIPS) Tokyo, Japan from October, 2015-September, 2016.
Applications/nominations are invited for special scholarships of one year Masters Degree Programme in School of Government (Public Administration/Public Policy in the Central Government) under Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) to be held from October, 2015 to September, 2016 at the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, (GRIPS) Tokyo, Japan.
2. The School of Government Course is designed to train and cultivate national leaders in their respective fields of government who are seeking to take advantage of Japan’s experiences of interaction with both Western and Asian countries and to establish a human network through various activities, such as special lectures, colloquium, independent study, field trips etc.
3. The programme is primarily geared for exceptionally promising young government officials who have already shown their dedication through work experience in public administration
4. The programme is open to young public administrators and government official who are expected to play active roles in the future as national leaders in their home countries.
Course Duration: The course is for duration of one year from October, 2015 to September, 2016 resulting in the conferral of a Master’s Degree in Public Administration/Public Policy by GRIPS.
Language Instruction: All classes are conducted in English medium.
a) In principle the aPllicant should be under 40 years of age as on 1st October, 2015 (i.e.born on or after 2nd October, 1975)
b) Must be a college graduate who have attained a high level of academic achievement in their undergraduate study;
c) Have at least 3 years of work experience in public administration (preferably 5 years or more);
d) Be proficient in English Language;
e) Applicants must be in good health;
f) Selected candidates will have to obtain a ‘College Student’ visa prior to their arrival in Japan;
g) Must not be serving in military service or civilians employed by military forces.
6. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while forwarding the nomination:
a) Whether attended any foreign training programme in the past? If so, the duration/detail thereof;
b) Whether clear from vigilance angle;
d) Whether working in North East State/J&K;
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
7. A scholarship of an allowance of 242000 yen per month will be provided for one year by Japan besides economy class air fare to/from Japan, accommodation fee etc. Participants will be exempted from fee for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition and receive medical insurance which will be paid by the Japanese Government.
8. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded in application proformas, along with health certificates and other supporting documents, to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions which are enclosed. It may also be noted that, once selected, if the candidate, withdraws his/her nomination will attract debarment from future trainings as per the extant rules.
9. The applications (in duplicate) should reach this Department through Administrative Ministry/Department/State Government/UTs not later than 1st October, 2014. Nominations received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions website (persmin.nic.in).
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Original Order :