KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi 110 116
F.No.11086/01/2012-KVS HQ (Admn.II)/793-805
Subject: Extension of CGHS facilities to the retired employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan – regarding.
Consequent upon KVS proposal of even No dated 01.05.2015 routed through Ministry of HRD, the Director, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare CGHS (P) Section, Government of India,Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi vide office memorandum No.S 11016/8/2015-CGHS (P) dated 29.05.2015 has conveyed the decision of the Ministry regarding extension of CGHS facilities to the retired employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) with the following guidelines:-
a. CGHS facilities shall be extended to the retired employees of KVS only in Delhi/NCR. They will be entitled to OPD facilities and medicines from CGHS dispensaries in Delhi/NCR only on the same lines as is being done in case of serving employees of KVS.
b. They may avail treatment from CGHS empanelled hospitals at CGHS approved rates. The medical expenses for IPD/hospitalization treatment will be borne by KVS and they will not be eligible for cashless medical facilities.
c. The pensioner’s card will be issued to those pensioners who have been recommended by KVS and on payment of service charges on cost to cost basis in advance on yearly basis at the rates determined by Department of Health and Family Welfare in consultation with O/o the Chief Advisor (Cost), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
d. The CGHS membership card will have to be renewed annually by KVS in advance for both serving as well as retired employees (wherever applicable). Failure to renew the CGHS membership within the specified time period will lead to de-activation of the CGHS card.
e. There is no provision for issue of life-time CGHS cards to the pensioner beneficiaries of KVS.
The CGHS facilities have been extended to the retired employees of KVS as per the terms and conditions laid down in the aforesaid Memorandum with the following conditions:-
- The retired employees of KVS residing in Delhi/NCR and whose serving counter parts are covered by CGHS medical facilities in Delhi/NCR can opt for this scheme. The details of such posts covered by CGHS medical facilities are given in Annexure – I.
- The rate of contributions in such cases will be determined by the Department of Health & Family Welfare from time to time with reference to the grade pay drawn by the KVS employee at the time of retirement/death. The present rates of contribution are as under:-
|Sl. No||Grade Pay drawn by the Pensioner at the time of retirement||Contribution
|1||Up to Rs.1,650/- per month||50||600|
|2||Rs.1,800/-, 1,900/-, Rs.2,000/- Rs.2,400/-, and Rs.2,800/- per Month||125||1,500|
|3||Rs.4,200/- per Month||225||2,700|
|4||Rs.4,600/-, Rs.4,800/-, Rs.5,400/- and Rs.6,600/- Per Month||325||3,900|
|5||RS.7,600/- and above per month||500||6,000|
- The willing retired employee(s)/family members (if otherwise eligible) may submit their application in prescribed proforma (Available on CGHS website msotransparent.nic.in with link Circulars) along with Demand Draft of his/her own subscription, self attested copy of relevant documents to the respective authority from where the terminal benefits were settled (Pension Sanctioning Authority of KVS HQ/Deputy Commissioner, Regional office as the case may be applicable).
- The Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, after detailed cross verification and examining the case will forward such duly completed application(s) to the joint commissioner (pers.) KVS, Headquarters along with prescribed contribution in the form of Demand Draft/Cheque equivalent to one year CGHS subscription in favour of “Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (HQ)”.
- In respect of officers/employees of KVS, HQ, such request applications will be processed by the Deputy Commissioner (Finance) who looks after the pension section and who will forward the same with all necessary documents to the joint commissioner (Pers.), KVS.
- The payment of Fixed Medical Allowance will be discontinued by the concerned pension sanctioning authority in KVS/Regional Office from the date of receipt of CGHS card in K.V.S. on case to case basis, after due verification.
- The reimbursement of medical claims of beneficiaries, if any, will be done by respective Regional Office as per rules. It will take effect from the date of issue.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner, KVS.
JOINT COMMISSIONER (PERS.)