PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub: Revision of the rate of House Rent Allowance in respect of State Government employees working in Bangalore city-reg.
1. G.O. No. FD l8 SRP 2012, dated: 19.t0.2012
2. G.O. No. FD 9 SRP 2013, dated: 18.03.2013
The Hon’ble Chief Minister in the Budget Speech 2013-14 has announced the Government’s decision to enhance the House Rent Allowance of State Government employees working in Bangalore city to 30% of their basic pay. Accordingly the following orders are issued.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. FD 05 SRP 2013
BANGALORE, DATED: IOTH MAY 20I3
Government are pleased to order that the rate of House Rent Allowance in respect of State Government employees posted to any place within the limits of BBMP shall be revised from the existing 25% of basic pay to 30% of basic pay wilh effect from 01st April 2013.
2. These orders shall be applicable to all full time Government employees who are governed by the provisions of the Karnataka Civil Services Rules and who are on time scales of Pay.
3. These orders are extended to (i) full-time employees borne on work-charged establishments of Govemment on time scale of pay (ii) full-time employees of the Aided educational institutions and non-teaching staff of the Universities who are on time-scale ofpay and (iii) teaching staff of the Universities / Colleges who are drawing pay in the UGC/ICARIAICTE scales of pay.
4. The payment on account of House Rent Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions of less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
By Order in the name of the
Governor of Karnataka
Deputy Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)
Original Order :