Government of India
Ministry ofPersonnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated: the 10th of September 2014
Subject:- One year Masters degree course in Law under Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) Scholarship at the Kvushu University, Graduate School of Law, Japan from October 2015-September, 2016.
Applications/nominations are invited for one year Masters Degree Programme in Law under Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) to be held from October, 2015 to September,2016 at the Kyushu University, Graduate School of Law, Ministry of Education, Culture,Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan.
2. The primary focus of the YLP in Law is International Economic and Business Law. The progamme has been specifically designed to expose students to both theoretical and practical perspectives on a wide range of contemporary legal issues related to International Trade and Commercial Transactions. It aims to provide students with the diverse intellectual skills necessary for pursuing a law-related career in an increasingly global business environment.
3. The programme is primarily geared towards persons who have worked in the Legal Departments of the Government Ministries & Business, as well as Judges, Public Prosecutors, Lawyers and other Law-related professionals may be nominated for this course.
Course Duration: The course is for duration of one year from October, 2015 to September, 2016 resulting in the conferral of a Master’s Degree in Law from Kyushu University.
Language Instruction: All classes are conducted in English medium.
a) In principle the applicant should be under 40 years of age as on 1st October,2015 (i.e. born on or after 2nd October, 1975);
b) Must be a college graduates who have attained a high level of academic achievement in their undergraduate study;
c) Have at least 4 years of work experience in the applicant’s home country in a law office or in the legal section of a company or government department. This work experience must be full-time and after graduation from university;
d) Be proficient in English;
e) Applicants must have no infectious diseases and must be in generally good health;
f) Selected candidates will have to obtain a ‘College Student’ visa prior to their arrival in Japan;
g) Must not be serving in military service or civilians employed by military forces
5. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while forwarding the nomination:
a) Whether attended any foreign training programme in the past? If so, the duration/detail thereof;
b) Whether clear from vigilance angle;
d) Whether working in North East State/J&K;
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
6. A scholarship of an allowance of242000 yen per month will be provided for one year by Japan besides economy class air fare to/from Japan, accommodation fee etc. Participants will be exempted from fee for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition and receive medical insurance which will be paid by the Japanese Government.
7. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded in application proformas, along with health certificates and other supporting documents, to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions enclosed. It is also mentioned that, once selected, if the candidate, withdraws his/her nomination, will attract debarment from future trainings as per the extant rules.
8. The applications (in duplicate) should reach this Department through Administrative MinistrylDepartmentiState Government not later than 1SI October, 2014. Nominations
received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions website (persmin.nic.in).
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Original Order :